Land Surveying qualifications accredited by Land Surveyors Board include:
Final Examination leading to a Degree of Bachelor of Surveying, Bachelor of Geomatics and Bachelor of Land Information conferred by a recognised university; or
Any other Examination regarded by the Board as an equivalent to the Examinations specified in the paragraph above.
(a) The qualification set out in the list below is not exhaustive and serves as a guide for the purpose of entitling the holders to register for the Land Surveyors Board professional practice examinations under the Land Surveyors Act.
(b) The basic qualifications recognised by the Land Surveyors Board is based on the first degree in Bachelor of Surveying (Honours or a 4 years program)
(c) In selecting an overseas university for undergraduate degree studies with the intention to seek registration as a registered surveyor in Singapore, it is advisable that students check whether the institution that awards the qualification is recognised for the purpose of registration by the Board.
List* of Educational Qualifications in Land Surveying recognised by Land Surveyors Board Singapore
- i. Nanyang Technological University,
- Master of Engineering in land surveying-related thesis.
- i. Curtin University
- ii. Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences (Land Surveying);
- iii. University of Melbourne,
- Bachelor of Surveying (till 2011);
- Bachelor of Geomatic Engineering (Honours) (till 2012);
- Master of Engineering (Spatial) (from 2011) with Bachelor of Science (Spatial System Major) or with Bachelor of Environments (Spatial Systems Major);
- Master of Engineering (Geomatics) with Bachelor of Environments-Major in Geomatics (Geomatic Engineering).
- iv. University of New South Wales,
- v. University of Newcastle,
- vi. University of South Australia,
- Bachelor of Geoinformatics and Surveying;
- vii. University of Southern Queensland,
- Bachelor of Spatial Science (Honours) (Surveying);
- viii. University of Tasmania,
- i. University of Calgary,
- Bachelor of Geomatics Engineering;
- ii. University of New Brunswick,
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Geomatics Engineering).
- HONG KONG
- i. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
- Bachelor of Science in Geomatics [Land Surveying];
- Bachelor of Science in Geomatics [Utility Management and Surveying].
- i. University of Technology Malaysia,
- Bachelor of Surveying (Land); and Bachelor of Engineering (Geomatics).
- NEW ZEALAND
- UNITED KINGDOM
- i. Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS),
- Professional Members who have passed final examinations of RICS;
- ii. University College London,
- Bachelor of Engineering in Geoinformatics;
- iii. University of East London,
- Bachelor of Surveying and Mapping Sciences (Honours);
- iv. University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
- Bachelor of Science, Surveying and Mapping Science (Honours).
- v. Newcastle University,
- BEng Honours in Geospatial Surveying and Mapping;
- MSci Honours in Mapping and Geospatial Data Science.
* List is subject to periodic review and update.