The Land Surveyors Board (LSB) Oral and Practical Examination 2022 is now open for applications by eligible persons.
1. The schedule is as follows:
||Period of Examination
||Commencement (Date, Time and Place)
||Closing Date and Time of Examination
Oral and Practical Examination
- Land Lot Survey
- Strata Survey
8 weeks for both subjects
(8 weeks total including weekends and Public Holidays, regardless of one or two subjects taken) from date of commencement
4 July 2022 (Monday)
Singapore Land Authority
Training Rooms Level 13
55 Newton Road
(All candidates to be present at least 5 minutes before the start)
All subjects must be completed and submitted to the Assistant Registrar (Ms Mitsy Ng) before the closing date and time of:
29 August 2022 (Monday)
B. Changes to Examination
2. The LSB has reviewed “LSB Notice – Land Surveyors Board Examinations to be held on Friday, 2 August 2013” and is pleased to inform that the requirement stated therein for a person to pass the cadastral law written examination before attempting the land lot and/or strata survey subjects is now removed. Eligible persons may apply to take the oral and practical examination without first passing the cadastral law written examination with immediate effect.
3. A new examination format is now being introduced and a briefing session was held on 16 December 2021 by the Examination Committee to interested participants. I would like to bring your attention to the documents attached: 1) Instructions to Candidate (together with Annexes C and D) and 2) List of sites not to be selected. All candidates must familiarise themselves with the requirements and format of the examination stated therein for compliance. Attachments enclosed:
C. Safety Guidelines for COVID-19
4. To protect candidates and members of the public, all candidates and their assistants shall adhere strictly to the prevailing safe management measures stipulated by the government/relevant authorities at all times with regards to COVID-19 during the course of the examination. In addition, the following guidelines shall be adhered to at all times during the period of examination:
All candidates and assistants must be vaccinated. Please refer to the definition of “vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health
Candidates and assistants must not mingle with members of public
Masks must be worn at all times by candidates and assistants
Candidates and assistants must have an active Trace-Together (TT) App with Bluetooth feature on their phones switched-on or carry a working TT token throughout the entire duration of the fieldwork
Any candidate or assistant who is unwell on the actual day must not physically turn up to conduct any fieldwork
The LSB places paramount importance on safety and any non-compliance with the above measures could result in a candidate with failure of the examination.
D. Mode of Application
5. Eligible persons may apply for the examination by completing and submitting the online application form by accessing the link below. Candidates are responsible for understanding and complying with the rules governing the examination as set out in Part IV (Examinations) of the Land Surveyors Rules.
Method 1 via URL: (https://form.gov.sg/61ef41696794960014efbe6d)
Method 2 via QR Code
E. Modes of payment (Payment by cheque will not be accepted)
6. E-payment (Bank Transfer via Internet Banking or ATM)
- Transfer the amount to LSB corporate account number UOB 201-319-249-0
- Attach the proof of the bank transfer transaction record/receipt in the online application form.
F. Deadline for submission
8. All completed applications through the online application form together with the fees to be paid must be done before the closing date of 15 March 2022.
9. The submission of the site selection to Ms Mitsy Ng (email to: firstname.lastname@example.org) must be done after 15 March 2022 and no later than 12 April 2022.
10. The LSB would appreciate if you could inform interested persons on the content of this LSB Notice. Please contact Ms Mitsy Ng (email to: email@example.com) if you have questions on this examination.
Land Surveyors Board